National Honor Society
The NHS Oath
I pledge myself to uphold
The high purposes of the National Honor Society
To which I have been selected
Striving in every way
By word and deed
To make its ideals
The ideals of my school
And of my life.
The Four Pillars of the National Honor Society
of The Longhorn Chapter
- Scholarship: minimum of 93% for eligibility
- Leadership: offices held, leadership qualities
- Service: extracurricular activities; community service
- Character: honesty, morality, loyalty, trustworthy, positive role model
The Selection Process
- After the 1st semester, sophomore, junior, and senior students, with a 93% or above, are notified.
- They then pick up an application form and return it to the Honors committee.
- All teachers and staff are allowed to vote on candidates.
- Students are notified of acceptance or rejection by mail.
- There is an initiation ceremony held in spring.
The NHS members of Kimball High School help with the fall and spring parent-teacher conferences and have a community service project. They take a trip in the spring. A cake raffle is held to finance their activities.