Looking for something to read? Kimball Public Schools has libraries at both the Junior/Senior High School and Mary Lynch Elementary. Students are welcome to browse and checkout books. In addition, the Kimball Public Library offers many resources and any resident of the county is able to get a library card free of charge.
There are a number of places on the internet where you can download free books to a variety of electronic devices: computer, iOS devices (such as iPad and iPhone), Android tablets and phones, Kindles, Nooks, Sony Readers, etc. You don't have to have an e-reader--you can get free software at Amazon and/or Barnes and Noble and use your computer, tablet, or phone.
As you investigate these sites, be aware that the format used by that company may not work on some of your devices! Also, some sites do require you to register or have an account in order to use that site.
Click on the links below and start looking for something great to read!
- Nebraska Libraries Overdrive System (need a library card from the local library)
- Epic! Over 20,000 e-books for kids 12 and under. Individuals can subscribe for unlimited reading for $4.99/month with a one-month free trial. Teachers can register for free and create student profiles for their students.
- Project Gutenberg
- Daily Lit
- Google Books
- Free Nook Books by Barnes & Noble
- Free Classics from Kindle
- Free Classics from Library of Congress
- Limited Time Specials from Kindle
- Open Library
- Open Culture
- 20 Best Websites to Download Free E-Books
- Freemake: Hitchhiking the Web
- Online Books Page
- Gizmo's Freeware