Kimball Public Schools is looking for substitute teachers for the 2022-23 school year.  If you are interested, below is the application process and requirements for a local sub certificate in Nebraska:

  1. Register on Nebraska TEACH (The Educator Application and Certification Hub) by visiting Once registered, complete the Nebraska Department of Education’s local substitute teaching permit application and non-refundable application fee ($55). Provide your personal email address and not your university email address on the application.
  2. Complete the residences in Nebraska for the immediate past 5 years on the on-line application listing all Nebraska residences in order OR complete two fingerprint cards provided by the Teacher Certification office and the non-refundable fingerprint processing fee ($50.) List all Nebraska residences in order, even if you have attended a university, gone home for the summer and returned to a university.
  3. Submit an official college transcript which reflects completion of the required course work as determined by the Nebraska Department of Education. The transcript must reflect 60 semester credit hours.
  4. Submit an official transcript for a pre-approved course to meet the Human Relations Training requirement and a class related to education, school, or children. Approved classes can be found here or on the Nebraska Department of Education’s website.

If approved, the Nebraska Department of Education will email your local substitute teacher permit to you.  The Local Substitute Teaching Permit is valid for three years.  This type of certificate is valid for teaching only in the school system requesting the issuance. 

If you have any questions, feel free to contact the KPS District Office via phone at (308)235-2188 or via email at